Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
It takes something to be vulnerable and authentic. To set aside your insecurities – even own up to them – to create a connection with others. But the results are always worth it.
In this video, I show up authentically. No filters. No music. No sound effects. Double chin and all (mostly because I’m bulking right now – expect that to go way soon). I admit to my own insecurities. And I share about the root of perfectionism, how perfectionism can ruin your creativity, why perfectionism is your own standard, and the impact of insisting on perfectionism.
- 00:00 – Why do you insist on perfection?
- 00:57 – I’m insecure just as you are
- 01:20 – Perfectionism is stopping you from being all you could be
- 01:51 – Perfectionism is ruining your creativity
- 03:10 – Perfectionism is a standard
- 04:44 – The impact of insecurity
- 05:39 – If you want to be prolific, don’t insist on perfection
- 06:15 – The risk of being the linchpin
- 07:00 – You are unique
- 08:38 – Closing thoughts