Welcome to another #StrategySunday, champ!
This week’s theme has been “dissatisfaction.” It’s not something I wanted to focus on or give too much attention to. But when emotions surface in your life, I think it’s best to sit with them, and allow them to play out as they will.
As we move into a new week, my focus is already shifting to ideas. Keep reading and you’ll see what I mean.
So, here’s this week’s #StrategySunday breakdown.
Here is what I went over during this planning session:
- I went over my content responsibilities for the week.
- I reviewed current products in development. Two products are inching closer to completion.
- I went over my admin duties for the week.
- I looked at what I’m looking to accomplish musically. One project is nearing completion.
- I reviewed my project queue. I’m a little behind on one project and I’m looking to wrap it up this week.
Was there anything that came out of this week’s reflection and planning session?
- I shared about how it’s easy to get caught up in stats and outcomes this past week. What I’m thinking now is that perhaps the only number worth worrying about is how many blog posts and products I publish.
- I am finding that dedicating some time to personal development and reading grounds and balances me. It’s also relaxing. Although I’m not affirming anything new here, it’s a good reminder.
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s session?
- If the only number I pay attention to is the number of stories and products published, it might mean doing less overall. Although syndicating and distributing content only takes 10 to 15 minutes per day, I’m not sure if this time well spent (though it does give me something to talk about in future stories). Still evaluating.
- I’m thinking about moving some money into crypto and gold. Investing into crypto is basically like gambling, so I’m just looking to put a bit of surplus into it, not using money that I’m unwilling to lose.
- Although I’ve gone back and forth on this, I’ve started thinking about turning Music Entrepreneur HQ into a content site again, especially considering a new podcast idea I’ve been working on, as well as some of the things I’d like to do with Content Marketing Musician. I will need to put more thought into this.
- Although this is not something I would or even could action now, I’ve been thinking about a 100-day music publishing experiment to see how many songs I could launch in that time and how much I could grow my overall listenership and revenue. Again, I’ll want to deliberate further before committing.
Thanks for joining me, champ!
If you need more inspiration, refer to yesterday’s weekly digest.
That’s it for this week’s #StrategySunday. Wishing you the best of weeks!
Pay what you want for the first issue of my digital magazine, The Renegade Musician.