A change of environment does the soul some good.
I have only been in Penticton, BC since February, but I have traveled to the coast (Vancouver, BC) three or four times already (usually for a few days). In fact, I spent this week in Maple Ridge, BC.
Penticton has yet to grow stale for me, though it certainly isn’t a large city, and it doesn’t take too long to get acquainted with it. Even so, I’ve been finding value in getting away from the status quo.
A change of environment can:
- Give you a fresh perspective.
- Inspire new ideas.
- Offer a change of pace.
- Give you the opportunity to interact with different people or visit friends or family.
- Give you the opportunity to eat different food.
- Offer the chance to see new or different sights.
- Give you time to think and reflect.
- Offer you the chance to reset your habits.
If you’re not getting away at least once every three months, consider making changing your environment a part of your quarterly routine.