Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Thank you for joining me for another #StartegySunday, creative or creator.
It’s been an action-packed week for me, and by Thursday or Friday, I was starting to drag a little.
This revealed some of the weaknesses of my routine, which I decided to evaluate in today’s planning session.
And I may even be taking most of tomorrow off based on my reflection, just so I’m able to bring my best self to my commitments for the week.
But I’ve teased enough. We’re ready for today’s #StrategySunday planning session.
Here is what I went over during this planning session:
- I went over my content duties for the week. Since I’m taking Twitter more seriously this year, I also addressed my Twitter content plan.
- I went over my admin tasks for the week. Nothing out of the ordinary here.
- I reviewed my projects for the week. One project may be dropped based on lack of response, but I plan to report to my client so we can figure this out together. I was also able to polish off one project from last week and I’m getting closer with some of the others.
- I reviewed my musical projects and noted that I’m getting much closer to completion with the two projects I’m focusing on right now.
- I speculated on new possibilities for my daily schedule. What I’ve been doing lately has been working, but some cracks started to show in my routine this past week. Now I’m looking at the possibility of being a little more consistent in the time I dedicate to each project daily, start a little earlier, and also end the day much earlier. I think that would be ideal based on current demands.
Was there anything that came out of this week’s reflection and planning session?
- I still need to be mindful of overwork. This past week, around Thursday or Friday, my energy started to crater. It was a heavier week, to be fair, so to some extent, this was expected. But the fact that I’m paying attention to the early warning signs is progress. I’m not going to let myself get to the point I got to last September. The costs are much too grave.
- What inspired me to rethink my schedule was a bit of client feedback. I’m not hard to work with, but I can admit that I never respond well to micromanaging and try to hold my tongue when feedback is along the lines of “do things my way” even if it’s followed by “please.” But what that showed me was a) I needed to get away from my desk, and b) I needed to find a workable solution. The solution was quickly forthcoming as I moved from a to b.
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s session?
- The idea to rethink my schedule, focus on what’s working, and to build my routine around the things that drive results is about all that came to me. These are not fresh ideas by any means, though they are worth returning to periodically. As I mentioned in yesterday’s weekly digest, I’m not necessarily looking for revolutionary, earth-shattering changes anymore. I’m mostly looking for the little tweaks and pivots that will make a difference. And I think I’m starting to find them.
Thanks for joining me, champ!
If you need more inspiration, refer to yesterday’s weekly digest.
That’s it for this week’s #StrategySunday. Wishing you the best of weeks!
Pay what you want for the first issue of my digital magazine, The Renegade Musician.