Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Welcome to another #StrategySunday, champ!
The theme of the week has been “focus.”
As you may have seen from last week’s minutes, I had a lot of ideas swimming around in my head. But now I’m starting to whittle it all down to the things that count, the things that make a difference.
So, here’s a much tighter #StrategySunday breakdown.
Here is what I went over during this planning session:
- I went over my content responsibilities for the week.
- I determined where to put my focus in terms of product development. I also evaluated last week’s progress.
- I went over my admin tasks for the week.
- I reviewed my project queue. I completed a couple of projects and added a new one.
- I went over what I’m looking to accomplish with my musical projects. One is nearing completion.
- I time blocked. I must admit, I haven’t done this in a while, but it felt good putting together a schedule for the week.
Was there anything that came out of this week’s reflection and planning session?
- I’ve been doing some deeper reflections on what works, and I’ve identified specific activities and products that have generated revenue for me. Those that haven’t have been labeled “experimental.” It has become increasingly urgent for me to do this, as I’m present to the fact that I’m not earning anything close to what I’m worth. Time for change.
- I’ve come to realize that my business coach is amazing at things I would consider “boring,” and that I need to begin embracing the boring as well. If you think I’m organized, you should see my coach! Whether it’s keyword and competitive research, creating systems, keeping a log of the content he’s created, he’s right on it. I’ve had the tendency to focus on just the exciting aspects of business, which is reflected in my results (or lack thereof). I’m ready to make a shift.
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s session?
- I’ve been feeling a little tired lately. I start the day in a haze, though to my relief, my energy begins to pick up in the afternoon. So, I thought to myself – if that’s how I’m feeling, why don’t I work self-care into my routine? Why don’t I refuse meetings for a week? So, I built my schedule around that. And I managed to create the type of schedule that allows me to ease into the week on Monday and begin to wind down on Friday.
Thanks for joining me, champ!
If you need more inspiration, refer to yesterday’s weekly digest.
That’s it for this week’s #StrategySunday. Wishing you the best of weeks!
Sign up for my First-Time Coaching Special.