Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Welcome to another #StrategySunday, champ!
As we look to another week of creating, I hope you’ve been finding plenty of time to plan, work, and recreate.
For me, this past week was more “slow and steady” than “grinding and hustling,” but as result, I feel much better, and last night, unbelievably, I slept nearly 10 hours!
So, here is a more clear-headed, less frantic #StrategySunday breakdown.
Here is what I went over during this planning session:
- I went over my content duties for the week. I added Instagram into the mix because I started making and scheduling posts based on my high performing tweets (I found it quick and easy to do).
- I reviewed the status of current projects. I haven’t wrapped up anything yet, but I am making progress.
- I went over my admin duties for the week. Nothing out of the ordinary here.
- I made note of the fact that I haven’t made much progress with product development this past week. Some adjustments may be required.
- I reviewed the status of my musical projects. I continue to make slow progress.
- I went over my YearSheet for Music Entrepreneur HQ, made note of things that have been implemented, those that have yet to be, and new items that need to be addressed.
Was there anything that came out of this week’s reflection and planning session?
- Although not a major realization, I came to see that Saturday, by default, is newsletter day. That makes it easier for me to optimize my Weekflow, and plan accordingly. And best to my ability, I would like to keep Saturday open for newsletters only. No additional work!
- I have examined Music Entrepreneur HQ using Google Search Console as well as Ahrefs and I know for a fact that the site contains many errors. I guess it’s to be expected, given that the site is an outgrowth of past projects, I’ve deleted and redirected old posts, discontinued support for old projects and products, and changed direction multiple times. At this point, it’s getting to be an aged domain. The site’s traffic is the worst it’s been in a while. And while I do feel the pandemic is a factor, it also made me want to take a closer look at the previously mentioned errors. Maybe if I resolve those, I can drive the traffic up again. And maybe I need that kind of traffic to be able to grow at the pace I want to.
- Although I have been getting back into exercising more, I don’t have a clearly defined routine. As I begin to track my steps again, it has occurred to me that the easiest way to get back into good habits is to start by developing just one. And that would be walking 8,000 steps per day. I might have to perform a lot of side steps at home to get to that point daily (besides going on a daily walk/hike), but if I get that habit nailed, adding another wouldn’t prove that difficult. It would take no time at all to knock out 60 squats, for example (though I’m not saying it wouldn’t be painful). Start with one thing, add another as I master it. It’s exactly what I’ve been doing with my publishing and marketing efforts.
- I seem to do a better job of tracking my to-do list and projects on my iPad than I do on my yellow legal pad. Is it finally time I went fully electronic with my to-do list? It might just be…
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s session?
- Much of the content I create each week is based on questions or conversations I’ve had. But I was recently reminded that I could also be writing about my experiments (such as The Renegade Musician) and how they go. I was planning to do this anyway but I’m realizing that this might be a richer area for exploration than originally anticipated.
- I started turning my highest performing tweets into Instagram posts. If I do this once per month, I will always have something to fill my Instagram feed with, and it doesn’t take much time at all. Whether this leads to any results remains to be seen. But it could be just one more experiment I eventually report on.
Thanks for joining me, champ!
If you need more inspiration, refer to yesterday’s weekly digest.
That’s it for this week’s #StrategySunday. Wishing you the best of weeks!
Pay what you want for the first issue of my digital magazine, The Renegade Musician.