Normally, I am excited about taking time to think and reflect around this time of year. This time, things have gone a little differently.
Either way, here’s my first #StrategySunday planning session for the year, and it has brought further refinement to my weekly routine. Let’s get into it.
I call this “minutes,” but it’s just a list of items covered during the planning session.
Here’s what I went over today:
- I reviewed my content responsibilities for the week. You can peruse the projects page for a better sense of what I’m working on – though I can’t divulge all my client relationships.
- I reviewed my current learning efforts – books I’m reading as well as courses I’m taking.
- I added self-care to my minutes and briefly speculated on possibilities.
- I reviewed new opportunities and projects.
- I speculated on automating content distribution for additional amplification.
- I speculated on a new website idea I’ve been considering.
- I time blocked my schedule for the coming week.
Was there anything interesting that came out of this week’s reflection and planning session?
- Last week, I’d figured out that there were four rocks that needed to be accounted for each week – content, product, music, and admin duties. Now I see that learning and self-care should be added to the list.
- What I learned from executing against my schedule last week is that I can get a huge chunk of work done in just three days. So, making time for self-care and brainless admin tasks on Thursday and Friday seemed to make a lot of sense and that’s what I’ve planned for this week.
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s session?
- I felt it important to add self-care to my priorities, even though I have been more proactive about this lately. This is going to be a crazy year, so personal health and wellness is going to be critical to my success.
- The new website idea was something that came up over the course of the week, and not something that came out of this session. But I got to think more about what it might look like if I were to build it.
Thanks for dropping by and let me know how your planning sessions have been going.
If you need more inspiration, don’t forget to scan yesterday’s weekly digest for more.
Shh… Don’t tell anyone. Only the cool kids are talking about it.
Get your copy of The Music Entrepreneur Code.