This week’s #StrategySunday is meaty, and maybe even a little juicy.
I’m amid some important and desired transitions. So, there’s been a lot to think about from a strategic level.
Get ready, because here we go!
I call this “minutes,” but it’s just a list of items covered during the planning session. I care more about having a solid big picture view of what’s coming up with week as opposed to how much time was dedicated to each item.
What’s interesting about this week’s minutes is that I’m combining it with my strategizing from last night, because I’d had a lot of great ideas come to me.
Here’s what I went over today (and yesterday):
- I thought about how I could structure my week in such a way that I wasn’t producing content on demand and ensuring that I had more time during the week to focus on client work and product development.
- I realized that I could dovetail current social media efforts into ongoing product promotion.
- I looked at the future of Music Entrepreneur HQ, the type of content I plan to create moving forward, and how I plan to grow the newsletter.
- I reviewed last week’s notes and confirmed that most pending admin tasks were completed.
- I went over my content duties for the week.
- I made a fresh list of admin tasks to handle this coming week.
- I went over what I was looking to accomplish product wise this week. I acknowledged that I’m just about ready to launch my course, which I plan to begin promoting as soon as possible.
- I looked at what I was looking to accomplish musically this coming week.
- I speculated on possibilities for my podcast.
Was there anything interesting that came out of this week’s reflection and planning session?
- Although I’m big on reading and learning daily, I recognized the value in creating structure for each in my daily life. It allows for more consistency and inspiration.
- I realized there might be a way for me to spend most of my week focused on client work, newsletters, and products, versus having multiple focuses for each day.
- The podcast has been gnawing at me for a while. There are a few things I realized – I’m not enjoying it, I find it time-consuming, I feel a little bit like I’m reinventing the wheel every week, it doesn’t seem fully aligned with my new direction (which people are noticeably resonating with), and I see new content possibilities for Music Entrepreneur HQ besides. Whether it’s taking a break, altering the publishing schedule, or going on hiatus, it seems change is inevitable now. I can still see myself podcasting in the future, but it may take a different form.
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s session?
- I’m aware that there is an app with the same name, but I don’t see anyone discussing it as a concept. So, I’m coining the term. To me, it’s a broader term to describe the batching of tasks. We often think of this in terms of days, but to me it seems to make more sense to look at the week in its entirety and how a day’s efforts flow into the next. Otherwise, there’s bound to be oversight and a lack of flow, which just ends up being a bottleneck.
- I have been having some success with growing engagement on Twitter and Medium, and I began to see that these channels could prove useful to my launch efforts.
- Content for Music Entrepreneur HQ. This is something I’ve been rolling around in the back of my mind for a while, and I now have a more concrete idea of what I see as being possible.
- I wire-framed a new blog post template for Music Entrepreneur HQ and look to create it as soon as possible.
I have had some questions regarding #StrategySunday, which I hope to address in future posts.
- How do you speculate on possibilities?
- How do you record your minutes?
- What is Weekflow?
If you have any questions of your own, be sure to let me know.
And if you need more inspiration, refer to yesterday’s weekly digest.
That’s it for this week’s #StrategySunday. Here’s wishing you the best of weeks!
Shh… Don’t tell anyone. Only the cool kids are talking about it.
Get your copy of The Music Entrepreneur Code.