👉 Get your FREE training now: Music Money Machine
Some of my mentors and the most successful people I know say they take at least one full day off to rest, enjoy themselves, and plan.
I admit this has been one of my weaknesses. I have done Sunday planning and whiteboarding sessions before, but rarely consistently, and oftentimes by the time I got around to it, it became an urgent necessity because of a growing list of tasks.
So, this is my attempt at establishing some consistently with the routine. If I commit to publishing my planning sessions every Sunday, I think I will be more likely to stick to it.
I have been publishing daily since the end of July, so it seems more than reasonable that I should be able to keep up with it.
Plus, I’ve been working towards systemizing my publishing efforts in every regard, so that I’m not just flying by the seat of my pants every week. So, from here on out, Sundays are #StartegySundays.
I’m calling this section “minutes,” but it’s just a bulleted list of the things I went over. Every week is going to be different, and the amount of time spent on each item is irrelevant to me (so I have not made record of times).
Preferably, I would like to be done planning around noon so that I can prepare these posts for publishing at 2 PM.
Anyway, here’s what I covered today:
- I generated nine blog post ideas for each of the five topics I intend to cover programmatically from now on – Entrepreneurship, Self-Improvement, Productivity, Creativity, and Inspiration (that’s 45 ideas total).
- I went over my weekly publishing plan for Music Entrepreneur HQ, where I publish a video on Tuesdays, a blog post on Wednesdays, and a podcast episode on Thursdays. I have a good handle on what I’m up to this week. I also checked to see if there was other supporting content or products, I would need to create (there is!).
- I reviewed our plan for the virtual mastermind retreat to be held this Monday and Tuesday.
- I reviewed my staff writing responsibilities for Music Industry How To and what I project to complete this week.
- I came up with the structure for #StrategySunday posts.
- I wrote done my daily Medium actions, as I’m looking to grow my Medium following.
- I handled some “loose ends” on my to-do list – handling some emails, etc.
Was there anything interesting that came out of this planning session?
Here’s what struck me as important:
- Getting a good start to the day does seem to make a big difference, and I will be talking about the morning routine I “stumbled on” just the other day in a future blog post. Getting the important stuff out of the way seems to leave you with a lot more free time in the day.
- Brainstorming blog post ideas is a little easier when you aren’t in the “weekend comatose,” as has been my wont for many years. But it was still worth doing.
- I got the idea to publish programmatically from Tom Kuegler on Medium. But it lines up with what Russell Brunson teaches in Traffic Secrets (affiliate link) about the JK5 method as well.
- If the virtual mastermind retreat goes forward as planned, then things could get interesting with my publishing schedule. I might need to work ahead a little.
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s planning session?
- The daily Medium actions was a spur of the moment idea, and a good one at that. I’m putting what I’ve learned to use, and plan to continue learning.
I had a productive planning session, identified what to work on next, as well as the potential pitfalls and bottlenecks that could stop me or hinder my progress. Now I know what I can do today to get a head start on things instead of waiting until the last minute.
Did you enjoy this? What does your Sunday planning session look like? How have you benefited from your planning sessions?
Leave a comment and let me know.
Shh… Don’t tell anyone. Only the cool kids are talking about it.
Get your copy of The Music Entrepreneur Code.