I know for many it’s been an un-Christmas Christmas. Even so, I hope you’re doing well.
I think I managed to strike a bit of balance between work and play this week, and there was even a bit of spontaneity. Now that’s something!
This week will be another big one, but if I follow my plan (this is often the most challenging part), I think everything will come together nicely.
Here’s an overview of this week’s #StrategySunday.
I call this “minutes,” but it’s just a list of items I went over during my planning session:
- I went over last week’s planning session and started to see a form emerge. So, I carried it over into this week’s planning duties.
- I reviewed my content responsibilities for the week. If you’d like to learn more about this, check my projects page. I also brainstormed some ideas where they were needed.
- I went over the progress I made on product development this week, satisfied with what was accomplished.
- I reviewed pending admin items. I still have several that have been on the docket for a couple of weeks, but I did make some progress this week.
- I speculated on how to double my business in 2021.
- I time blocked in Google Calendar to get clear on the lay of the land for this week.
Was there anything interesting that came out of this week’s reflection and planning session?
- #StrategySunday planning sessions seem to improve with each passing week. I’m able to execute faster, and now I’ve identified four major “rocks” that need to be accounted for each week – content, product, music, and admin duties.
- Speculating on possibilities is valuable no matter how tired you might feel. But it seems to work best when you choose one priority to brainstorm, instead of trying to generate ideas for many.
- Time blocking always seems to provide some productivity benefits as you can end up finding unused time in your schedule. Certain time blocks can also be made “multipurpose” depending on what needs to be completed most.
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s session?
- Splitting tasks and action items under four major categories. Simple but powerful.
- I had several great ideas (or at the very least, the beginnings of great ideas) regarding how to double my business in 2021. Much of it will revolve around the support and help of others.
- I used to have a challenge with time blocking because I couldn’t seem to account for everything that needed to be done without working ridiculous hours. Now I see that multipurpose blocks pave the way to a meaningful solution, even if imperfect.
Between late nights, a bit of alcohol, and another productive week, I was feeling tired for #StrategySunday. But planning was still worth it!
I hope your strategizing efforts are also going swimmingly. If you need more inspiration, simply scan the last weekly digest for more.
Shh… Don’t tell anyone. Only the cool kids are talking about it.
Get your copy of The Music Entrepreneur Code.