Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
Sunday has arrived. And what a week it’s been! I hope you’re doing amazing in creative and creator land, and if you need inspiration, I recommend scanning the weekly digest for articles that pique your interest.
I’ve had my own ups and downs this week (also see Lessons below), but all things considered, it still went quite well. And I must acknowledge myself for completing what I’ve completed too.
With that, here’s what I went over this #StrategySunday.
I call this “minutes,” but I could care less how much time was spent on each item, assuming it had been accounted for and thought through.
Here is a bulleted list of items covered:
- I went over my various content responsibilities for the week and brainstormed some ideas. The projects page offers a good overview of the various projects I’m working on.
- I speculated on what activities would drive more results for my business, on the premise that content is going to have limited results, especially in the short term.
- I reviewed my product development goals for the week, considering what I hope to have completed.
- I went over what I’m looking to accomplish with my musical projects this week.
- I thought about anything else that might need to be addressed this week – errands, admin work, items I’m preparing for mastermind, etc.
- I thought about the holidays and whether I’m looking to take time off. I don’t have any answers yet.
Was there anything interesting that came out of this week’s reflection and planning session?
- My sleep hasn’t been great as of late, and that affects my mood, thought work, and productivity. There’s not a whole lot I can do in this regard besides the things I already know to do – exercise, journal, meditate, drive, connect with others, and so on. Although I could maybe spend less time engaging in negative news.
- In business and life, fun is key. Consistency is a little overrated, especially if you find yourself caught in a pendulum. Do what you know feels right and is enjoyable. Don’t worry so much about doing everything perfectly and programmatically. Change the context of “hard work” to “smart work.” Don’t be a slave to a routine or habit.
- Things seem to go better when I give myself the freedom to enjoy my day, get takeout, go for a drive, etc.
- It’s nice to aspire to great things, but if the critical things don’t get done, what difference does it make?
Were there any ideas that came out of this week’s session?
- No breakthrough ideas so far as I can tell. But I had some good content ideas that I’m planning to work on this week.
It seems like something is trying to emerge. And what is trying to emerge is out of the ordinary. It’s not the “same old, same old,” routine things I’ve always done. I’m beginning to look towards new horizons. I don’t have the full picture yet, but I’m patient and don’t mind waiting for it to show up.
That’s all for this week. Let me know what you got out of this and how your planning sessions have been going.
Shh… Don’t tell anyone. Only the cool kids are talking about it.
Get your copy of The Music Entrepreneur Code.