It’s Monday, and increasingly, I’m finding it the perfect time to plan for the week, make to-do lists, get organized, and outline content I’ll be completing later in the week.
I used to do this type of work on Sundays, of course. But because of recent changes to my schedule (mainly due to the yearlong leadership and management program I’ve taken on), it’s the only full day I can realistically take off. So, it doesn’t make sense to force the issue anymore, especially if I’m feeling exhausted.
That also means, though, that Mondays need to be especially effective. And I would qualify today as “effective,” given that I didn’t quite get the sleep I needed to be at full energy.
I still haven’t processed as many emails as I’d like, but I got around to a few. I think I should be able to get through more this week.
The theme of the day has been “balance,” and that means not overdoing it. If I pushed myself, I could probably have done more, but that would not be “balance” in any sense of the word. I will be ending the day on a high note (I feel more energetic than when I started the day), so that seems like the perfect space to cause completion in.
Here’s an overview of what I got up to today…
What I Accomplished Today:
- I was on five calls and meetings (of various persuasions)
- I made my to-do list for the week
- I scheduled a few tweets
- I went grocery shopping
- I started researching what will become my next News Break post
- I submitted my first post to Steemit – you can read it here
- I reviewed some logo designs
- I invoiced a client (and got paid)
- I outlined three guides as part of my staff writing duties
- I worked on a bit of music (looks like I have some composing work to do)
- I prepared for a podcast interview
- I scheduled a meeting for my team
- I processed a few emails (still not keeping up but I think I’ve set myself up to make a solid dent in this tomorrow – thanks for your patience)
Thanks for reading. Hope you had an excellent day, champ!
For more inspiration, be sure to sign up for my email list.