Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
So, it’s April 19, and as I mentioned in yesterday’s #StrategySunday post, it’s time for a change.
I hate to admit it, but I was growing tired of focusing so heavily on daily publishing. That became the focal point of the first hours of my day, which meant that I wasn’t making progress in the areas that mattered most.
Who’s responsible? Me, of course. Which is why, at the risk of confusing some folks, I’m doing things a little differently now.
I’ve designated Monday as “Music Entrepreneur HQ Day”, where my focus will be exclusively on pushing changes on the website and promoting its resources. I’m setting aside the remaining days of the week for product development, client work, and other content.
What I Learned Today:
As you’re about to see, today ended up being quite productive. I guess that’s the power of batching.
I focused on Music Entrepreneur HQ work (which has built up over time) from 10 AM to 5 PM. I ordered and picked up a pizza for lunch time and maintained my concentration on the task at hand throughout the day (it’s only 10 after 5 as I write this).
And while going through my task list, I even ended up processing most of my email, something that usually gets relegated to “later” and sometimes “never.”
I also signed up as an affiliate for several new services, and it made me present to the fact that there are still many opportunities worth pursuing.
Yep. This is the way to do it.
Just remind me to change my routine again if and when this becomes unworkable…
What I Accomplished Today:
Again, the following only applies to Music Entrepreneur HQ.
- Sent two podcast episodes to my editor for editing
- Syndicated recent podcast content to YouTube
- Made some minor design updates to the website
- Processed some emails
- Started preparing guest posts
- Delegated transcription of recent podcast episode
- Added transcription to episode 200 of the podcast and scheduled a tweet about it
- Wrote and scheduled two emails and published one to Medium
- Started creating a register of tools I use to promote my music inside my LifeSheet
- Added a new opt-in box on posts
- Added podcast highlights to episode 229 of the podcast (and this video)
- Created a new lead magnet
- Signed up as an affiliate for Fiverr (affiliate link)
- Signed up as an affiliate for The Indie Bible
- Signed up as an affiliate for ConvertKit
- Spent time optimizing the website (made some solid progress here today)
What’s Next for Music Entrepreneur HQ:
These are some of the changes I’m looking to make next week and in the weeks that follow:
- Find a video editor
- Make my new lead magnet the main opt-in on Music Entrepreneur HQ
- Discontinue Leadpages (affiliate link) subscription and move primary lead magnets to Content Marketing Musician
- Put together a new authority homepage
- Continue my content audit to completion
- Reach out to guests I want to be on my podcast
- Reach out to podcasts I’d like to be a guest on
- Move all email marketing activity from Mailchimp to ConvertKit
- Create a resource guide for my latest podcast series
- Write Life Updates for January, February, and March
- Add The Music Entrepreneur Code video to the sidebar
- Cull the recommended tools list
- Start new autoresponder series
- Create a Medium publication for musicians
What’s Next for Me:
The universe is nudging me towards personal development again.
I’m taking The Gold Within course for the third time. I’m picking up where I left off with my Landmark Worldwide courses (likely beginning May). And, when time permits (it might not be until next year, but I’m hoping sooner), I’ll be taking Russell Brunson’s Affiliate Bootcamp.
In terms of business, I’m looking to:
- Move most if not all my free reports, eBooks, books, and courses over to Content Marketing Musician.
- Add to The Renegade Musician (I want to add one more PDF to make it a three-pronged offer).
- Finish my next book, The Music Entrepreneur Mindset.
- Reposition my books for entrepreneurs and sell them on AppSumo.
In terms of my new schedule, I’m still “making it up as I go,” but I’m sure the remaining pieces will fall into place.
I will still be writing a few long-form, informative articles for Medium and News Break per week, but aside from that, progress updates will probably be my modus operandi.
I suspect that these progress updates will still be quite instructive though.
For more inspiration, be sure to sign up for my email list.