Hey, between now and November 19, 2021, if you purchase any of our eBundles, courses, or coaching programs on Content Marketing Musician (created specifically to help you get results in your music career), we're giving 50% of the proceeds to supporting the education of underprivileged children in South America. You can learn more here.
Now let's get back to the article.
You may have noticed an upcoming show on my calendar with the band, Long Jon Lev, on November 27.
Well, this is no ordinary “show”. First, it is to be held at a beautiful church (see below):
Second, there will be 10 Calgary music luminaries performing together. Yes, Long Jon Lev, at least on this occasion, will be a 10-piece band (seven members pictured below)!
The band is comprised of:
- Jonathan Ferguson – Reluctant Showboat
- David Andrew Wiebe (yeah, yeah, that’s me) – Master of Zen
- Eugene Kirton – Straight-Shooting Sage
- Emma Rouleau – Confident Storyteller
- Joanna Drummond – Carefully Precise Mountain Peaker
- Harry Faunt – Time (Signature Traveler)
- Mercy Lemola – Quietly Intense Peace Provoker
- Nikki Romeril – Witty Truth Teller
- Ben Comeau – Humble Wizard
- Mike Jones – Patiently Energetic, Casually Cool Cat
Yes, those are the instruments we’ll be playing.
Third, this is the official release of Long Jon Lev’s Telltale Heart, an album I had the pleasure of playing way too many guitars on (Strats, Teles, Gibsons, hollow bodies, lap slides, etc.).
I’ve listened to the album a lot (does that make me weird?), and yes, I am very biased, but I happen to think it’s the best project I’ve had the pleasure of being a part of so far.
And, did I mention that the tickets are only $10 in advance and $15 at the door? It’s a steal of a deal either way.
And, you thought this was going to be “no big deal” No way, dude!
So what are you waiting for? If you live in and around Calgary, go get your tickets right away.
(Update: Tickets are no longer available. The concert was held on November 27, 2015 as planned. We all had a good time. The small but mighty crowd loved the performance and will remember it for a long time to come.)